About the Parks Foundation of Hendricks County
The Parks Foundation of Hendricks County, a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization, raises funds for public parks in Hendricks County.
We work to enhance the natural and cultural resources and the visitor experience of our parks by funding expansions, projects, and programs, which are beyond the financial capacity of the Parks. Since its inception in 2009, the Foundation has funded numerous projects and programs including:
- Kiosk, interpretive signs, and general improvements at Sodalis Nature Park;
- Assistance in the development of W.S. Gibbs Park;
- Arboretum and Wetlands area at McCloud Nature Park;
- Support for family programs in our Parks;
- Redecking of historic truss bridge at McCloud Nature Park;
- Finance an educational wetlands boardwalk;
- Funding for an observational beehive;
- Dog water fountains; benches, sunscreen dispensers in parks;
- and the Summer Fun Run series.
Starting in 2019 The Foundation has expanded to include all public parks in the county. Stay tuned for even more project completions in partnership with our county, township and town parks.
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Keep up-to-date with the
Parks Foundation of Hendricks County