Native Plant & Tree Sale
April 16, 2016 – 9:00AM to 1:00PM
Sodalis Nature Park, Plainfield
Online Sales OPEN March 1 – Pre-order & Save!
Hendricks County is going Native with trees, plants, and shrubs!
Natives are the perfect addition to your landscape:
- Thrive in Indiana soils and climate
- Provide food and habitat for wildlife
- Add beauty and interest in landscape
- Help to create and preserve the biodiversity
- Are vital part of Indiana’s natural heritage
Whether you are new to natives or a “purist,” our sale will have it all!
- 1,000s of Native Plants and Trees – including rare varieties
- Native Plants – 2 3/8″ pots for $4.00 each.
- Native Trees and Shrubs – 1-gallon pot – $30.00 3-gallon pot – $45.00
- Plant Selection assistance by our naturalist and Hendricks County Master Gardeners
- Expert Demonstrations at 9am, 10am, 11am and noon
- Save .50 per plant and 20% off trees and shrubs when you pre-order online. Pick-up is at the event on April 16.
Expert Presentation, Demonstration and Assistance
Spend the day at Sodalis Nature Park planning your spring garden with assistance of native experts. Our naturalist and master gardeners will help you choose the plants that are right for your home. Plants will be categorized by Woods Edge (Part-Sun), Woodland (shade), Prairie (sun), Water’s Edge, Rain Garden, and Butterfly Food. Plant descriptions will be provided for you to take home.
9:00 AM Why Natives? – Colletta Kosiba, Advanced Master Gardener, Advanced Indiana Master Naturalist, Honeywell Award for Horticulture, National Garden Crusader Award, feature writer and speaker
10:00 AM Attracting Wildlife with Natives – John Chapin, Danville, local landscaper and retired teacher
11:00 AM Native Plant Landscape Design – Dawn Stelts, Woody’s Warehouse, native tree expert, owner Native Habitat Developers
12:oo PM To Be Announced (but exciting!)
For more information on things to see and do in the area go to VisitHendricksCounty.com or call 800-321-9666.
Thank you North Salem State Bank for supporting this event!