The Summer Fun Run presented by Hendricks Regional Health is more than a race event. For the last 14 years, it has been the primary fundraiser for the Parks Foundation of Hendricks County, and each year it has steadily grown. This 14-week run/walk series, which begins June 1st and ends September 6th, brings hundreds of people to the parks and trails in our community. The funds raised allow PFOHC to fulfill its mission to grow financial resources to enhance the county’s public parks and trails.
The 2022 Summer Fun Run was a success with 480 participants and $53,875 raised to support our parks and trails. This funding came from various sources, including sponsorship, registration, individual donations and proceeds from merchandise sales and special events.
Here are some of the projects Summer Fun Run proceeds supported:
- Danville Parks & Recreation: New trees planted at Gary Eakin
- Washington Township Parks & Recreation: Outdoor adventure series at Pecar and Pock Parks
- Pittsboro Parks & Recreation: Scamahorn Park picnic table for concessions stand
- Avon Parks & Recreation: Benches for use at Avon Farmers Market and Avon Town Hall Park
- Hendricks County Parks & Recreation: Blocks from the Imagination Playground for youth programming
- Plainfield Parks & Recreation: Doggie waste stations for parks and trails
- Town of Plainfield: Sodalis Fun Run event in October
- Brownsburg Parks & Recreation: Inclusion toolbox to assist individuals with special needs at various park events
- Hummel Park & Recreation: Lighting system for the amphitheater
The 2022 Summer Fun Run Sponsors were:
- Hendricks Regional Health
- Banning Engineering
- North Salem State Bank
- Hendricks Power
- Duke Energy
- Danville Rotary
- Electric Plus
- PROS Consulting
- Danville Rotary Community Corps
- Waste Management
- ARCO Design
- Spencer Engineering
- Bogan Eyecare
- John Hall Construction
We couldn’t have done this without the support of the community partners and our event company, RaceMaker Productions who made each week’s run/walk fun and easy to navigate.
Summer Fun Run water bottles and t-shirts are still available for purchase if you would like to commemorate your accomplishment (or if you just want to add some more swag to your collection).
PFOHC receives grant requests throughout the year to fund unique projects for parks and trails in Hendricks County. If you would like to order merchandise, get involved with PFOHC or secure your sponsorship for the 2023 Summer Fun Run, please email PFOHC Executive Director Katy Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org.