Five parks in Hendricks County to make improvements with new grant funding
HENDRICKS COUNTY, IN – The Parks Foundation of Hendricks County (PFOHC) awarded $47,000 in grants to public parks from the Gary Emsweller Parks & Trails Fund. Gary Emsweller is a lifelong resident of Hendricks County and a founding Board Member of PFOHC. This fund was named in his honor last year when Gary termed off the Board of Directors.
The grants have been awarded to five parks departments to support the important work they do in our community. The park departments and projects include:
- Brownsburg Parks & Recreation will purchase new outdoor exercise equipment at the new Virgil
- Danville Parks & Recreation is investing in new trees and wildflowers at Gary Eakin Park.
- Guilford Township Parks & Recreation will purchase a new backdrop for the performing arts center at Hummel Park.
- Hendricks County Parks & Recreation has purchased new swings for McCloud Nature Park and will ensure the area around the swings is built to be accessible to all visitors.
- Pittsboro Parks & Recreation will install a new covered seating area for visitors waiting their turn to play pickleball, basketball and other recreational activities.
These grants were made possible thanks to the many individual and corporate donors who support PFOHC. Additional funding was provided by The Hendricks County Community Foundation and Falcone Automotive, who chose PFOHC as one of its hometown charities for the 2022 Subaru Share the Love Campaign.
About the Parks Foundation of Hendricks County: The purpose of the Parks Foundation of Hendricks County is to cultivate thriving outdoor experiences. We believe investing in parks, trails and open spaces positively impacts our community. Visit www.pfohc.org to learn more.