Saturday, August 27, 2016 – 1 to 4 p.m
McCloud Nature Park
- Inspect a LIVE HIVE
- Honey Tasting and Judging – Award Hendricks County’s Favorite honey
- HoneyBee-themed Games and Crafts
- Beekeeping Basics with Bee Experts
- Honey Products Available for Purchase
- Homemade Ice Cream with Honey Topping
Calling all BeeKeepers…the Great Hendricks County Honey Hunt is ON!
- 2016 Hendricks County’s Favorite Honey – Visitors to the Honeybee Fest will taste-test honey samples from local beekeepers and vote for their favorite. Hendricks County’s Favorite Honey will be awarded a trophy, media acknowledgement and bragging rights! Registration will occur at the Fest. Please bring around 2lbs of honey. All unused honey will be returned.
- Honey and Honey Products to sell at our HoneyBee Fest – Vendors are welcome to sell any honey products at the Fest. Please donate 10% of your sales to the Parks Foundation of Hendricks County designated BeeHive Fund. We are raising fund to establish an observation hive at McCloud Nature Park.
Support Establishment of a HoneyBee Observation Hive at McCloud
Each year, McCloud Nature Park is visited by over 30,000 people. Our Nature Center welcomes many of those visitors, including school groups, scouts and families eager to learn and experience nature in all its wonder. We are excited to announce a new source of environment education and inspiration – an observation honeybee hive!
The observation honeybee hive will be located in the McCloud Nature Center, easily accessible to all visitors. The hive will be a window into the fascinating world of the honeybee and an amazing teaching tool for our naturalist.
The Parks Foundation of Hendricks County is proud to partner with our Hendricks County Parks in creating a home in our parks for this indispensable pollinator. We are working hard to raise the funds needed to establish the observation hive and other hives throughout McCloud Nature Park. We would be so grateful for your donation!